Phase change materials are able to change state at nearly a constant temperature and therefore store a large quantity of energy. The transfer of thermal energy occurs when a material changes from a solid to a liquid, or a liquid to a solid. This is called a change in state, or ‘phase’.
The operating temperature of the heating or cooling should be matched to the transition temperature of the PCM. Before applying PCMs, in most cases they have to be hermetically encapsulated in very small capsules to contain them while in a liquid state.
MikroCaps PCMs are high quality products:
- with high heat storage capacities,
- easy incorporated in end products,
- in high concentrated dispersion or in powder form,
- with melting points from -21 °C to +70 °C.
MikroCaps PCMs are appropriate for various applications:
- textile: bedding accessories, upholstered furniture, sportswear,…
- automotive industry,
- cooling/heating system,
- heat energy storage.